Thursday, January 3, 2013

DIY Bride & Groom Mugs


If there was a group for Pinterest Addicts, I would be an honorary member. 
I love all the fantastic ideas its given me for the home and business.

This week one of our good friends was getting married and I refused to shop from their registry.
I wanted to be different. I wanted to be unique. I wanted something they would keep and treasure.

Pinterest helped me come up with the idea of a custom coffee mug.
I struggled with "Good Morning Gorgeous, Good Morning Hansom," "Mr & Mrs," and "I Do, Me Too." 

It's simple and easy...

Buy and two mugs of your choice, preferably white or a very light color.
Before you begin make sure they are super clean and dry.

You can either use a stencil or free-hand the design you want on both sides of the mugs with a fine tip permanent marker. 
Be creative! This is the fun part.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes so the design will set.

Simple, cute and totally in budget!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love that I can actually take this idea and give it for a different occasion too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wanting to do something like this for my home. it's seems so easy. yours turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun idea! I have 2 weddings come up this year, and this may be my gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am addicted to Pinterest. I found this same idea and made a cup for a friend for Christmas. The saying I put on it was something she always says as she is traveling in her car. It is something that I have picked up saying and so has my daughter. Our friend loved it! As you say it is a very unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mugs! I've done this same idea on the outside of a bowl. Just make sure the newlyweds hand wash the mugs unless you bought a dishwasher safe marker because the ink may/will come off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...